Change Device ID of Neuron xS10

• Hello,

I try since some days to communicate from an Pi3 with FHEM via an USB/RS485-adapter to a Neuron xS10 via Modbus RTU. From an Win10 PC I get a connection to the Neuron xS10 with the following parameters Device ID 0, Adress 15 and Baudrate of 19200, 8 Bits, Parity none and 1 Stop Bit. With the tool mbpoll on the Pi3 I can't get a connection because a Device ID 0 isn't accepted (range is from 1 to 254). So I think the problem is the 0 ono Device ID. Is there an option to change the Device ID? Or has anybody another hint for me how I get it work. Thanks a lot!

• administrators

Try device ID 15 instead (maybe 14/16 as well). 0 is the broadcast address, but it's not supported by many tools and devices.

The device ID and address should be functionally identical.

• Thank you, that works. With the ID 15 I can now connect from RPi3 via mbpoll the xS10. But I can't get it work on FHEM. So is there an example how to define the modbus etc. on FHEM to connect the xS10 via Modbus RTU?

• administrators

@Negropo There are no prototypes for Neuron Extetensions in FHEM yet, so you have to define it first according to the FHEM documentation.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.