I am thinking of automating several activities I do around waste water (rain) and garden irrigation. The basic idea is to:
- monitor water level in 2 tanks and 2 wells
- based on level of water pump it over from one to another
- send an alert via SMS gateway if any pump is broken
- give visual representation of water level in wells and tanks (at minimum 0, 25, 50, 75 100%)
- ability to manualy pump the water
- all this by a Web GUI accessible from Internet.
I am currently experimenting with Arduino platform but I am reaching limits of my capacity as hobbyist and also availability of finding a suitable level measurement sensors for wells (diameter 35cm, depth 5,5m and pump is fixed to a aluminium stick).
I should also mention, that the wells and tanks areat several positions on my garden within 100m from house and there is 220V because of pumps.
And lastly, since I am an IT guy, I would like to be able to change the logic of the system as neccessary.
Is unipi a suitable platform for this.type of projects? And if so, are there any specialist available to help / cooperate on the system?