Controll UniPi via Rj11 Connector

• Hello, i'm new here and come from germany so i hope you understand what i would like to ask.
    I have a UniPi board to controll my Flowbench (that i use to meassure airflow through Cylinder Heads). Actually i have a Raspberry Pi 3 on top of the unipi board and the Programm is stored on a Usb device.
    is it feasibly to controll the unipi board through the i2c rj11 connector on the board without a raspberry on top of it?
    because i would like to use a pi top with the raspberry inside of it and connect it to the bench via this rj11 cable. its easyier to modify the programm when i have the raspberry in this laptop.

Best Regards

• administrators

Hello @M-Musel, I think this is not possible. Digital inputs are connected directly to the GPIOs of RPi's processor. You might be able to control only Relays/Ai and 1Wire but the rest will not work - I am also not sure if there are any I2C devices in the Pi-Top so you would have to make sure the addresses would not colide with I2C devices on UniPi.

You also cannot connect two UniPis together via the I2C

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.