minicom for Neuron serial port

• Hi, I have the UniPi Neuron and I am trying to configure my Mac or Linux system for minicom to get a serial console. I have the USB-RJ11 cable from UniPi. Has anyone done this? I do not see documentation on parity, rate, etc and what are the login credentials? Anyone know the serial device settings? When I try with screen and ttyUSB0 screen exits immediately. Thanks.

• Hi, I am really hoping someone from UniPi can help (and is even monitoring this thread). I have the USB Serial-1Wire cable from UniPi for the Neuron S103 and have yet to find the correct recipe to get this working.
    I have used minicom on my Mac (Sierra) and Linux box (Ubuntu 16.04) 115200 8N1 no HW or SW flow control and even after I make sure enable_uart=1 is in /boot/cmdline.txt (per this: I cannot get any login/boot output from the UniPi neuron. Note that I also try screen on both Mac and Linux and cannot get that working, meaning it opens the /dev/cu.usbserial (Mac) or /dev/ttyUSB0 (Linux) but I never see any screen output or login. Could it be the cable? Note I have also tried stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 and then cat -v /dev/ttyUSB0 as I am booting the UniPi and I dont see anything. Is there something else I can try? Thanks.

• administrators

@CaitC Hello, if you want to get access to the terminal, I suggest using SSH (root:unipi). Serial console is not wired out on Neuron... Or how do you have it connected?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.