3G/4G for Unipi Neuron S103-G available ?

• Unipi Neuron S103-G has only GPRS module, right ? It's a bit too slow for our applications.

I wonder if there are any plans to integrate a faster 3G or 4G module to Neuron series ?
    This otherwise so great stuff, but falls behind competition in mobile communication now.

• administrators

Hello @asunc,
    the active development of Neuron line has finished although the support will be for many years to come. The current line Axon has LTE models: Axon S165, Axon M265 and Axon M565. Those are currently in public testing phase, you can request them at info@unipi.technology.

Best regards,
    Martin

• I'll probably have to check those out. As far as I understand, those are not RPi / Raspbian based.

We need couple of things for software (which are currently OK with Neuron based stuff):

• OS security updates (ie. apt update & apt upgrade should do expected things)
    • Java JRE should work

We are planning to use these devices to run our existing data collector package (which is java-based). Also, our customers require that Linux-based stuff should have support for OS security updates.

Can you confirm that these are OK ?

• administrators

Hello @asunc,
    absolutely no problem. The Axon is running a debootstraped arm64 Debian with added repository of our packages via which we publish fixes and new versions of our software.

Best regards,
    Martin