After installation of a xG18 extention I get a Server Error 500 for the Rest Json

• After installation of a xG18 extention I get a Server Error 500 for the Rest Json.
    With a fresh install of EVOK everithing runs fine. Then I installed a xG18 module and made the configuration in the /etc/evok.conf as follow:

[EXTENSION_xG18_1]
    global_id = 2                                  ; Mandatory, REQUIRED TO BE UNIQUE
    device_name = xG18                             ; Mandatory, must match name of .yaml modbus map file in /etc/hw_definitions
    modbus_uart_port = /dev/extcomm/0/0            ; Mandatory
    ;neuron_uart_circuit = 1_01                     ; Optional, allows associating extensions with specific Neuron UART-over-Modbus ports (not possible for non-Modbus $
    ;allow_register_access = True                   ; Optional, False default, is mandatory with third-party devices
    ;address = 1                                    ; Optional, 1 default
    ;scan_frequency = 10                            ; Optional, 10 default, scanning frequency in [Hz]
    ;scan_enabled = True                            ; Optional, True default
    ; Note that the following settings will be inherited by other devices sharing the same port, i.e. /dev/extcomm/0/0
    ;baud_rate = 19200                              ; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD$
    ;parity = N                                     ; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD$
    ;stop_bits = 1                                  ; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD$

After that the Extension appear in the EVOK Webfrontend. But when I made a
    http://myunipi/json/all
    I get a:
    c9e1c0bb-e402-4ee6-bd1f-2d409730390e-grafik.png

Do you have any Idea why? When I uncomment the xG18 section the Server Error disapeer.

• administrators

Hello @Stoeffel,
    please, send the whole configuration and the version of Evok you are using. The version can be accessed via: dpkg -l | grep evok.

Thank you,
    Martin

• Hello Martin

Thanks for reply. I made following steps after a sudo apt-get update and upgrade to find the problem:

sudo apt-get remove --purge evok && sudo apt-get install evok

... after that, the json Server runs well, but after uncomment the three Mandatory lines for my xG18 Extension and after a "sudo service evok restart"
    the Server Quit with Error 500. I can reproduce this every time.

dpkg -l | grep evok

any@anysps:~ $ dpkg -l | grep evok
    ii  evok                            2.3.8~stretch                     armhf        UniPi API based on the Tornado webserver

cat /etc/evok.conf:

#!!! Do not use '#' for comments !!!

[MAIN]						; !!! ALL MAIN SECTION OPTIONS ARE MANDATORY !!!
    config_version = 2.5				; Configuration file version, DO NOT CHANGE!
    use_schema_verification = False			; Enabling this will deny any requests that do not match the JSON Schema; NOTE THAT THIS RESULTS IN A SIGNIFICANT INCREASE IN LATENCY AND SHOULD NOT BE USED EXCEPT FOR TESTING
    log_level = ERROR   				; Minimum severity of messages to be logged; one of INFO, DEBUG, WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL
    log_file = /var/log/evok.log			; Log file to use; will be cleared on boot
    port = 8080					; !!! Internal API port - only change if you are certain you know what you are doing; FOR OUR WEB INTERFACE THE PORT SHOULD BE CHANGED IN "/etc/evok-nginx.conf" INSTEAD !!!
    webhook_enabled = False				; Enables webhook notification - see e.g. https://sendgrid.com/blog/whats-webhook/
    webhook_address = http://127.0.0.1:80   	; Put your server endpoint address here (e.g. http://123.123.123.123:/wh )
    webhook_device_mask = ["input","wd"]		; List of device types to notify on (written as a JSON list) - adding AI will generate a large amount of messages!
    webhook_complex_events = False			; EVOK will send POST requests with the same data as WebSocket, rather than an empty GET request
    soap_server_enabled = False			; Enables the simple SOAP server; use only if you need the functionality
    soap_server_port = 8081				; !!! IF SOAP SERVER IS ENABLED, THIS PORT NEEDS TO BE UNIQUE (i.e. different from the port setting above) !!!
    force_immediate_state_changes = False		; Outputs will return the value they are set to, rather than the value that the device is currently aware of
    websocket_all_filtered = False			; 'All' WebSocket requests will be subject to the filtering set by 'filter'

[NEURON_1]
    global_id = 1					; Mandatory, REQUIRED TO BE UNIQUE
    allow_register_access = False 			; Optional, False default
    scan_frequency = 10				; Optional, 10 default, scanning frequency in [Hz]
    scan_enabled = True 				; Optional, True default

; Below you can find examples for connecting devices over UART; first example is a Neuron extension while the second is a custom third-party device
    ; Devices sharing a port use the port settings of the first device on that port (baud rate, parity, stop bits)
    ; !!! Note that device_name has to match a filename in the /etc/hw_definitions directory !!! See /etc/hw_definitions/CUSTOM_MODBUS_DEVICE.yaml for an example

;[EXTENSION_1]
    ;global_id = 2					; Mandatory, REQUIRED TO BE UNIQUE
    ;device_name = xS10				; Mandatory, must match name of .yaml modbus map file in /etc/hw_definitions
    ;modbus_uart_port = /dev/extcomm/0/0 		; Mandatory
    ;neuron_uart_circuit = 1_01			; Optional, allows associating extensions with specific Neuron UART-over-Modbus ports (not possible for non-Modbus UART ports, e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyS0)
    ;allow_register_access = True 			; Optional, False default, is mandatory with third-party devices
    ;address = 1					; Optional, 1 default
    ;scan_frequency = 10 				; Optional, 10 default, scanning frequency in [Hz]
    ;scan_enabled = True 				; Optional, True default
    ; Note that the following settings will be inherited by other devices sharing the same port, i.e. /dev/extcomm/0/0
    ;baud_rate = 19200				; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD RASPBIAN
    ;parity = N					; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD RASPBIAN
    ;stop_bits = 1					; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD RASPBIAN

[EXTENSION_xG18_1]
    global_id = 2                                  ; Mandatory, REQUIRED TO BE UNIQUE
    device_name = xG18                             ; Mandatory, must match name of .yaml modbus map file in /etc/hw_definitions
    modbus_uart_port = /dev/extcomm/0/0            ; Mandatory
    ;neuron_uart_circuit = 1_01                     ; Optional, allows associating extensions with specific Neuron UART-over-Modbus ports (not possible for non-Modbus UART ports, e.g. /dev/$
    ;allow_register_access = True                   ; Optional, False default, is mandatory with third-party devices
    ;address = 1                                    ; Optional, 1 default
    ;scan_frequency = 10                            ; Optional, 10 default, scanning frequency in [Hz]
    ;scan_enabled = True                            ; Optional, True default
    ;baud_rate = 19200                              ; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD RASPBIAN
    ;parity = N                                     ; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD RASPBIAN
    ;stop_bits = 1                                  ; Optional, NEEDS UNIPI IMAGE TO WORK WITH UNIPI SERIAL PORTS! USE API TO CONFIGURE UART MANUALLY IF USING STANDARD RASPBIAN

;[EXTENSION_2]
    ;global_id = 3					; Mandatory, REQUIRED TO BE UNIQUE
    ;device_name = CUSTOM MODBUS DEVICE		; Mandatory, must match name of .yaml modbus map file in /etc/hw_definitions
    ;modbus_uart_port = /dev/extcomm/0/0 		; Mandatory
    ;neuron_uart_circuit = 1_01			; Optional, allows associating extensions with specific Neuron UART-over-Modbus ports (not possible for non-Modbus UART ports, e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyS0)
    ;allow_register_access = True 			; Mandatory with third-party devices
    ;address = 1 					; Optional, 15 default
    ;scan_frequency = 2 				; Optional, 1 default, scanning frequency in [Hz]
    ;scan_enabled = True 				; Optional, True default

[OWBUS_1]
    owbus = /dev/i2c-1                      	; Mandatory, scanned bus (--i2c=/dev/i2c-1:ALL or localhost:2122 or 'u' for USB dongle)
    interval = 3          				; Mandatory, [s] length of sensor reading
    scan_interval = 300    				; Mandatory, [s] How often the scanning is done

; See below for 1Wire extension module configuration
    ; Example for the 1W-4R/4DI extension module, 1W-8R is almost the same, only with inputs instead of relays
    ;
    ; - Map a new 1Wire sensor with the appropriate address, type and interval
    ; - The syntax can be either SENSOR or 1WDEVICE
    ; - Setting the correct reading interval is crucial to achieve ideal performance; the default interval is 15s
    ;
    ;[1WDEVICE_2]
    ;bus = 1
    ;address = 29F39A17000000BC
    ;type = DS2408
    ;interval = 1
    ;
    ;[1WRELAY_10]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 0
    ;
    ;[1WRELAY_11]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 1
    ;
    ;[1WRELAY_12]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 2
    ;
    ;[1WRELAY_13]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 3
    ;
    ;[1WINPUT_20]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 4
    ;
    ;[1WINPUT_21]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 5
    ;
    ;[1WINPUT_22]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 6
    ;
    ;[1WINPUT_23]
    ;sensor = 2
    ;pin = 7

• Hello Martin
    Do you need further information? I have a second installation with a new M203. If it helps I can try to repeat the issue there again.

Kind regards Stefan