How to connect multiple extensions

• Hello,

Can you please confirm the method of connection of the extension boards, as well as maximum distance between the main board and the extension board.

I am looking for a wired domestics solution for my house. I can put UTP wires in the walls. Either all is centralised in one spot, or decentralised in 4 locations (one 4-AO 0-10V extension +8-Relay Addon EMO-R8).

kind regards,
    Roberto

• Hello,

Can you please confirm the method of connection of the extension boards, as well as maximum distance between the main board and the extension board.

I am looking for a wired domestics solution for my house. I can put UTP wires in the walls. Either all is centralised in one spot, or decentralised in 4 locations (one 4-AO 0-10V extension +8-Relay Addon EMO-R8).

kind regards,
    Roberto

• Hello Roberto,

the I2C bus is not designed to be used on long wires. But depending on the cable you used I strongly do not recommend total bus length more than 2meters.

However there are techniques how to make the I2C bus longer. Google "I2C length extender"

But for that we have the 1Wire extensions that is capable of longer network topology.

Regards,
    Tomas