UniPi compatible with RPi Extension EnOcean?

• Hi Guys,

I just found out about your project and I am quite excited to learn more about your platform. I am planning my Smart Home solution and I was wondering, whether your platform supports the EnOcean Alliance natively or any other wireless Home Automation system?

I know there is an EnOcean extension for the RPi on the market, but it is connected via the GPIO port which is also used by the UniPi module, so i am afraid both modules cannot be connected to teh RPI all togheter. Am I correct?

BR,
    Titoarantula

• Hi Guys,

I just found out about your project and I am quite excited to learn more about your platform. I am planning my Smart Home solution and I was wondering, whether your platform supports the EnOcean Alliance natively or any other wireless Home Automation system?

I know there is an EnOcean extension for the RPi on the market, but it is connected via the GPIO port which is also used by the UniPi module, so i am afraid both modules cannot be connected to teh RPI all togheter. Am I correct?

BR,
    Titoarantula

• Hello,

thanks a lot! We don't have EnOcean interface however there are EnOcean interfaces for USB or UART (tx, rx, gnd, 5V - which is wired out via the RJ12 connector on UniPi).

So I think it could be easily connected. In advance I think that fhem.de which has support for UniPi has support for EnOcean too so you could have both UniPi and EnOcean in one SW.

Br,
    Tomas