Analog Input Expansion Board

• I need more analog inputs… Any plans for an analog input expansion board?

• I need more analog inputs… Any plans for an analog input expansion board?

• Analog I/Os are in development for the Neuron generation right now

• Hi,

Any progress on the Analog Input Expansion board? I specifically want to read 5 separate Vacuum meters.

Thanks.
    Merv

• administrators

We are working on it :) I would like to give you any estimated time but that will cause only more questions.

• I have the same problem, i need 5 analog inputs for a vacuum sensor i wane use.

Relevant spec:

• Operating Supply Voltage: 5 V
    • Operating Supply Current: 7 mA
    • Output Voltage: 0.1 V to 4.6 V

Could the 1-wire sensor there also be used for?

As the UNICA 1-Wire sensor U1WTA (temperature measurement + one analog input) also uses 5V.

But this will be a pretty expensive way of doing things, as every sensor needs a €11.50 U1WTA sensor.

And i also dont know if you can just use the €20 hub or that you then also need the €70 8channel 1Wire expander

Other (cheaper) solutions are really welcome

or is there a diagram whit components that can be used to make your own 1-wire version to read 5V inputs.

@tomas_hora said in Analog Input Expansion Board:

We are working on it :) I would like to give you any estimated time but that will cause only more questions.

Is there now a ETA for that board, and wil it also work whit the UniPi v1.1.

• administrators

@Havor
    According to the specification, the U1WTA should work OK together with your sensor.

You can google many projects for AI on 1Wire. Most of them are based on DS2438 (the same as the UNICA sensors) which is also implemented in evok and mervis.

The new board will use RS485 line with Modbus protocol, so you would need a USB-RS485 converter to make it work with UniPi 1.

• @tomas_hora
    If i use 5x 1Wire, can i use the €20 hub or that you then also need the €70 8channel 1Wire expander?

Is there a difference in use?

• administrators

@Havor First of all the UNICA sensors are not our products, so they do not have RJ45 connector - the 20Eur hub is useless.

The total number of devices on 1Wire network depends on many things (as stated on our wiki) but one channel should be ok for 5sensors.

• Hi, Is there any update on the status of an Analog Input Expansion Board? specifically, one to work with Neuron and Evok.

Thanks.
    Merv.

• administrators

@Merv The development got little behind the schedule because of Christmas and illness in our team. However it will take 2months only for the manufacturer to get it deliver to as after we finalize the design which is not ready yet.