Neuron M100

• Hi Guys,

just found out about the new product line "Neuron" an I am quite excited about it, as I could not decide yet which system to use for my Smart Home project.

I guess for my home, a Neruon M100 would be a perfect match most of my requirements, but still i have a few questions:
    1.) Besides the metal housing, what is the difference betwenn a Unipi Building Set and a Neuron M103?
    2.) Why should I choose a Neuron over a UniPi Board?
    3.) Ist the power supply included in the package and can it be installed on the DIN rail?

Thanks and best regards,
    Alex

• Hi Guys,

just found out about the new product line "Neuron" an I am quite excited about it, as I could not decide yet which system to use for my Smart Home project.

I guess for my home, a Neruon M100 would be a perfect match most of my requirements, but still i have a few questions:
    1.) Besides the metal housing, what is the difference betwenn a Unipi Building Set and a Neuron M103?
    2.) Why should I choose a Neuron over a UniPi Board?
    3.) Ist the power supply included in the package and can it be installed on the DIN rail?

Thanks and best regards,
    Alex

• Hello Alex,

1. Completely new design, which allows scalability up to L models and the RS485 line which provides connection of many other peripherals. We will also relrase versions with more AI/AO and serial lines (like RS232). In the future we will release also Neurons with wireless communication (zigbee, z-wave, iqrf,…).

2. Because of 1 and also looks just soo nice

3. The Neuron series requires 24V DC power supply which is not included, but we will soon also have such power supply in our shop.

• Hej Tomas and team,

Looking forward to getting the Neuron in my hands:-)
    When do you expect to add zigbee og z-wave connectivity?

If I'd like to add a wireless temperature sensor right now, how would you recommend doing so?

• Hi Tomas,

thank's a lot for your feedback, I am almost convinced

Regarding the support for wireless communication: Are there also any plans to support EnOcean? For my project I will use a few EnOcean sensors whereever 1-Wire is not feasible. As long as the Neuron box does not support EnOcean nativley, I have to rely on either the EnOcean USB 300 gateway (but with SMA connector for external antenna) or the GPIO based EnOcean Pi module (also with SMA). The latter would require access to the GPIO connector on the RPi which powers the Neuron box.
    Can you confirm the GPIO is still accessible in the Neruon boxes?

Regarding the software stack: Correct me if I am wrong but from my past resaearches I learned, that currently only the FHEM platform is compatible with EnOcean gateways. If this is stil correct and can you confirm FHEM also works on the Neuron boxes just like it does on the UniPi boards?

Thanks again,
    Alex

• The discussion of what wireless communication modules will be supported is still ahead of us. But there is no limitation unless the module support SPI or UART. And yes, EnOcean is so far on our list of wireless communications protocols by eg: https://www.enocean.com/en/enocean_modules/tcm-310/

Neuron is built in such way, that user should not access the inner box like the first generation of UniPi so no GPIOs are accessible expect SPI/UART/I2C...

Fhem might be supported pretty easily because we will provide a TCP modbus server for the whole Neuron. We will try to find someone who will be willing to work on it