Problum whit the 8-Relay Addon EMO-R8

• i connected 2 times a 8-Relay Addon EMO-R8 board to my unipi but i can't find/controll them when i use the comand (sudo i2cdetect -y 1)
    i don't see them and the data led on de 8-Relay Addon EMO-R8 board is red can anyone help me ?

gr Martijn Perdaan
    ps. Sorry for my bad English

• i connected 2 times a 8-Relay Addon EMO-R8 board to my unipi but i can't find/controll them when i use the comand (sudo i2cdetect -y 1)
    i don't see them and the data led on de 8-Relay Addon EMO-R8 board is red can anyone help me ?

gr Martijn Perdaan
    ps. Sorry for my bad English

• Have you configured the addresses on the second two boards? By default they are all set to 0x21 address and address 0x20 are used for the onboard relays. Make sure that each board has configured different address using the dip switch.

• if have address 0x22 en 0x23 of the 2 boards

• Previous conversation with Martijn also revealed that he uses 10 cm cable which was provided with the board.

Martijn: did you try connecting only one extension board? Can you please post here the output of i2cdetect with a) plain UniPi board and b) with the 0x22 extension board attached?

And just to make sure: Are you able to control the onboard relays?

• yes i can controle the onboard relays

and 1 connectet one board but it stil don't work

• Apart from the micro USB power supply, which is not necessary, I do not see anything suspicious.

I'm out of ideas Any hints, Tomas?

• I have two ideas…. Are the jumpers on UniPi near the place for battery both set to the side of battery? Do you have another RJ12/11 cable to test it or at least re-crimp the one we provided?

• i have found the problum i have put te jumper p1 back in so that the raspberry don't neet his own powersuply and it workt i can se them now

• Well done! Still I'd like to know why it was not working with your previous setup. Any ideas, Tomas?