Maximum frequency to read Digital Input

• I have a TSL235R light sensor who change the output frequency with the light intensity. I can read this frequency with a simple program direct from RPi GPIO, but from the digital input from the UniPi is not read anything. I connect the sensor to 5V power supply from Jumper JP1, and ground from UniPi.
    In the program I changed the GPIO.input(GPIO_NUMBER) to s.input_get(digital_input). I think that GET don't react so fast to read the signal.
    It is another script to read the digital input from UniPi in Python?

• I have a TSL235R light sensor who change the output frequency with the light intensity. I can read this frequency with a simple program direct from RPi GPIO, but from the digital input from the UniPi is not read anything. I connect the sensor to 5V power supply from Jumper JP1, and ground from UniPi.
    In the program I changed the GPIO.input(GPIO_NUMBER) to s.input_get(digital_input). I think that GET don't react so fast to read the signal.
    It is another script to read the digital input from UniPi in Python?

• You can test 5ms debounce at the DI. The websocket interface sends time of the rising/falling edge so you could calculate the freqency from the time of the two edges.

But it is not designed for devices like this…..